If you want to stay ahead of the competition, it’s essential to know what they’re doing. In particular, you should look at their backlinks. Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. They’re an important part of SEO because they help improve your website’s search engine ranking.
Fortunately, there are several ways to determine your competitors’ backlinks. Here are four of the most effective:
1. Use Backlink Checkers to Find Your Competitors’ Backlinks
Many backlink checker tools are available online. Enter your competitor’s URL into the tool, showing you all the websites that link to them.
Some common types of backlinks are:
- Resource pages
- Guest posts
- Sponsored posts
- Blog comments
2. Export the Data and Analyze It
Next, you’ll want to look at the data you’ve collected and analyze it. Look for patterns in the anchor text, linking domains, and locations. It will give you a good idea of what’s working well for your competitors and where their backlinks are coming from.
Once you’ve identified some potential backlink opportunities, it’s time to start building your backlinks. But first, you need to ensure that you’re building links correctly. Here are a few tips for competitor backlink analysis.
- Make sure your backlinks are coming from high-quality websites
- Use keyword-rich anchor text
- Link to relevant pages on your website
- Monitor your backlink profile regularly
3. Identify the Traffic Sources That Send the Most Links To Your Competitors
Organic traffic constitutes about 60 percent of overall web traffic and is any website’s most valuable traffic source. On the other hand, referral traffic is a close second, and it’s the traffic you get from other websites.
Once you identify the traffic source, you need to analyze it to understand where the links are coming from.
- Check your competitor’s website traffic
- Use Google Search Console to find your competitor’s backlinks
- Check your competitor’s link profile
4. Create Content That Targets Those Same Sources of Traffic
Look at the traffic sources for your competitor’s site and create content targeting those same sources. For example, if they’re getting a lot of backlinks from guest posts, write and submit some guest posts of your own. If they’re getting traffic from a specific type of directory site, create a similar one and submit your site to it.
5. Franchise SEO Links for your Business
If you don’t have the time or energy to conduct all this research and analysis, you can always hire an SEO franchise like like SEO Guru Atlanta. We will be able to quickly and easily replicate your competitor’s backlinks, giving you a leg up on the competition. We can also help you create high-quality content targeting the same traffic sources.
At SEO Guru Atlanta, we have a team of experienced SEO experts who can help you build a successful online presence. Contact us today to learn more about our services.