When it comes to SEO techniques, it is far from being a one-size-fits-all solution for every company. There are many different strategies, which can become tailored to fit your website. One example of these differences is evidenced by examining on-page SEO vs. off-page SEO.
While talking about on-page SEO, this is referring to the process of optimizing your website’s relevancy by looking at what your site is about, and the content that gets posted. These factors are all within your control to change as the owner of the website.
The following is a list of 4 ways to improve your eCommerce site’s SEO by using on-page tactics:
- Optimize keywords and include them frequently in your text
- Post useful, relevant content for viewers
- Include title tags and meta descriptions to optimize pages
- Focus on improving your conversion rate by increasing the percentage of customers who make sales
On-page and off-page SEO is different in that off-page refers to factors outside of your control that affects how popular your website is. When your website rises in rankings due to backlinks or exposure due to promotions, this is considered to be off-page SEO.
There are tactics that you can try to raise your online visibility through this method. These include, but are not limited to:
- Increase the number of backlinks to your site through community participation, press releases, and guest bloggers.
- Create content that is valuable to a wide variety of people, thereby improving the chance of getting your site backlinked.
- Keep the same domain name for as long as possible, as this will build your credibility and increase your SEO ranking.
- Remain active on social media and link your website for promotions or giveaways.
Both SEO methods are effective in increasing a website’s online presence. With that in mind, a website owner should focus on optimizing their on-page SEO before moving onto off-page. This is because you can control on-page factors easier, and improve your ranking quicker. After that, off-page optimization will be supplementary and tends to happen slowly over time.
It is a good idea to leave SEO to the experts to get your website as high up in the rankings as you can. If you are looking for an Atlanta SEO agency, you can find what you need at Mobile Website Design Atlanta.