Foot traffic and word of mouth is no longer enough to grow your business—assuming you have a physical presence at all. No, nowadays, you need an SEO company in Atlanta to help drive online traffic to your website and turn clicks into customers.
But SEO isn’t as simple as you think. You need organic search engine optimization as well as local SEO. But what is local SEO, and how is if different from organic? Let’s take a look.
Organic search engine optimization focuses on improving search rankings and pulling in targeted traffic for a given website. To do this, a local SEO expert in Atlanta would focus on website structure and content. This includes things like links between pages, external links, expert content, and more globalized keywords.
- To get quality organic SEO results, experts do the following things:
- Zero in on who ideal customers are
- Identify the needs or problems this customer would have
- Link this with keywords the potential customer would use in searches
- Optimize web content with these keywords
- Build relevant internal and external links
With local search engine optimization, also seeks to improve rankings on certain searches and drive traffic to your website. However, it is tailored to queries that seek out local content.
Usually, local SEO in Atlanta is best suited to businesses with physical locations since digital businesses can help anyone anywhere. However, if you have an online business that targets a specific geographical area, it can still be incredibly useful.
Local searches are like typical search engine queries, except they have a geographical component. Think: hairdresser near me or hardware store in Atlanta. Even without a geographical component, many searches will return results that are near to you.
Local SEO is impacted by a variety of factors, including geographical keywords, Google reviews, and even whether or not you have your hours listed on your website.
To get quality local SEO results, experts focus on the following:
- Keeping an accurate Google business profile
- Encouraging customers to leave reviews
- Responding to reviews
- Building links
- Showing up on various map services
- Incorporating geographical keywords
- Adding photos to online profiles
Of course, local and organic SEO are just components of an overall online marketing strategy, which should also include everything from paid ads to email marketing services in Cumming. To learn more about the best practices for digital marketing, schedule a call with SEO Guru Atlanta.