What does it take to get your website on Google’s radar? In truth, there is nothing special you have to do. Search engines use bots to crawl the web and locate new websites to add to their index. All you need to do is create a website and wait a bit for the bots to find you, which usually takes somewhere between four days and four weeks.
Waiting four days for bots to add a website to Google isn’t so bad. However, four weeks is asking a bit much when you are likely itching to start seeing a return on investment.
While search engines are not designed to rely on manual website submissions, they are an option when time is of the essence. Here is what you need to know about how to make website appear in a Google search.
Why Submit Your Website to Search Engines?Given that the bots will eventually do the work for you in most cases, you might wonder why you would take the time to manually submit a site to Google. Well, there are a few reasons why this might be a better option.
- The Waiting Game: As noted above, it can take up to four weeks for bots to find your site and index it. Manual submission goes much faster.
- Peace of Mind: You can stop feeling anxious about whether or not your site has been crawled and indexed.
- Communicating Information: With bots, it is up to them to pull what they feel is the most pertinent information from your website. With manual submission, you determine the details.
- Access to Tools: When you opt for manual submission, you gain access to tools for website improvement and can tell the bots to crawl your site again after you make those key changes.
How to Submit a Website to Google
If you are on the fence about manually adding a website to Google search, once you see how simple it is, you will quickly decide it is worth it. The entire process can be boiled down to two easy steps.
- Locate Your XML Sitemap: This is the file that lists all the pages on your website. Typically, you can find this by going to: YOURWEBSITE.com/sitemap.xml.
- Add Your Sitemap to the Google Search Console: Open Google Search Console, head to the index, then select sitemaps. There, paste your sitemap URL and make your submission.
Just like that, Google now has the information it needs to include your website in its search results.
Of course, getting on Google is just the first step. Next, you need SEO in Cumming to ensure you rank well in those search results. At SEO Guru, we offer full-scale digital marketing services, including website design, SEO, PPC campaign management, and more. To discover how we can boost your bottom line, schedule a call.
To learn more about websites and SEO, read: 7 Principles of Website Design.