If you’re looking to boost your business, local SEO may be the answer. What is local SEO and how does it work? Local SEO is a process that can help improve your website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) for queries that are specific to your geographical area. In this blog post, we will discuss what local SEO is and how you can use it to improve your business’ online presence!
What Exactly Is Local SEO?
So, what is local SEO? Local SEO is the process of optimizing your website and online presence to rank higher in search engine results pages for queries that are specific to your geographical area. In other words, local SEO is a way to optimize your website so that it appears higher in SERPs when people search for businesses or services near them.
There are many ways to optimize your website for local SEO. Some of them include:
- Using location-specific keywords in your content, such as “Chicago” or “Illinois.”
- Including the name and address of your business on every page of the site so that search engines know where you’re located. This helps Google understand how relevant it is to someone looking up businesses nearby. You should also include a phone number or email address if possible!
- Adding reviews from customers who have used your services before (like Yelp!). These reviews can help boost rankings because they show that other people trust what you offer them enough to leave positive feedback about their experience working with you. Plus, this type of content is great for engaging potential customers who are researching local businesses.
- Making sure your website’s Google My Business listing is accurate and up to date. This includes adding a business description, photos, hours of operation, and other pertinent information.
- Creating pages on your website specifically for addressing local search queries. For example, you could create a page about “Chicago Restaurants” that includes content targeted at people looking for restaurants in the Chicago area.
How Does Local SEO Work?
So how does local SEO work? There are a number of factors that go into determining how your website will rank in local search results. Some of the most important include:
- Your website’s title and meta description
- The keywords you use on your website
- The location of your business’ physical address
- The name, address, and phone number (NAP) of your business
- Reviews and citations of your business online
All of these factors help to create what is known as a “local SEO profile” for your business. This profile is used by Google and other search engines to determine how likely it is that someone looking for a business or service in your area would find yours. Then, when searches are made, Google boosts you to the top of the results.
Need a little more personalized assistance? Talk to us about local SEO in Atlanta.
Learn more about SEO right now. Read the following articles:
The Most Important Local SEO Strategies to Grow Your Business